Monday, August 14, 2006

A rain check and a word on e-mails

             Well, it's been a very positive afternoon. predominantly this is because it hasn't rained. I've also learnt my first swahili. "Habari" which is "greetings friend". The problem with this is that the locals, particularly the kids, think then that i'm fluent and launch into a full ten minute monologue on something or other, to which I meekly reply "greetings friend". You don't need to speak the same language to know what "is this man a complete muppet?" looks like when demonstrated as a facial expression. If I was writing a school report on my Swahili I think it would include the line, 'must do better'!
 
            Anyhow, whilst I'm stuck out of my project i've got access to the internet and therefore my hotmail account. All those of you who've sent e-mails to my project e-mail don't worry, they're not lost, I just can't access them yet. Basically as soon as I finally get the project I won't have access to the internet and will rely solely on the project's e-mail. Which you all have, (if you haven't then ask your friends!) I hope this makes the situation a bit clearer and hopefully, not properly confused things!
 
            In the meantime life revolves around writing this and doing paperwork, none of which I really understand fully! Those who have had the misfortune of seeing me in professional capacity will testify to just how appalling my paperwork can be! 
 
            I've packed my bag, i'm ready to go, and I'm leaving on a jet plane. Well no... we shouldn't get too excited about this because i've done this pretty much every day for the two weeks! So i'm no nearer knowing when I'll be off, but if the weather holds, possibly tomorrow.I will find out more when the project staff call in tonight with the latest developments. Hopefully no-more fish!