Sunday, August 13, 2006

IL PLEUT!

Glad I wasn't holding my breath, I would be a tinge of dark blue by now! It actually didn't rain last night (which is good) but it wasn't hot enough to dry up all water either.... So possibly tomorrow, but who knows.

This is certainly not a problem that would even have entered my thinking before I came out here, and is an excellent example of how difficult working in such remote areas can be. Frustratingly, I’m discovering the places that really need help, don't always have the African equivalent of Gatwick airport down the road. And at least they are getting rain, which will hopefully lead to a good crop and fewer cases of malnourishment, but we shall have to see.

A few people have e-mailed to ask for more detailed info on the fish on the runway. Firstly, no, I don't think the air traffic control became confused between a Boeing and herring, and I don't have any information on whether it was a flying fish! Have a good Monday morning one and all.