Sunday, December 10, 2006

All change please, all change

To grossly misquote Wilde 'to lose one outreach partner could be seen as a
misfortune, to lose another smacks of carelessness'. Of carelessness I am
clearly guilty. The revolving door that is the outreach nursing team has
sprung suddenly into life again! Francis has decided outreach really isn't
where he wants to be. This coupled with a very attractive masters degree
offer has led to him beat a hasty retreat. From resignation to departing
took less then ten hours.

It's obviously very disappointing but this isn't the sort of work you can do
if you aren't fully committed. In honesty he wasn't happy about the set up
here from the moment he stepped off the plane. And towards the end of our
time together it began to show. It has been a bit difficult, but everyone
has been really supportive and reassured me that it isn't my fault I was
beginning to wonder!

I've been keeping myself busy by helping out in the base clinic which is
starting to resemble an Accident and Emergency waiting room with patients
almost sitting on each others laps! The edited highlights of my week to
follow in the next few days.

A, now much needed, holiday is fast approaching. I actually escape next
Friday for a few weeks, though plans are a little fluid at present.