Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Here And Back Again

Oxygen cylinders and fire extinguishers’ said a very important looking sign on the cupboard in front of me. As our aircraft made its descent into Nairobi I hoped the firstly we didn’t have need for either and, if we did, that it was easy to tell which bottle was which!


So my time in Lamu has come to end and (to quote a famous wit whose name I can’t remember.) I’ve completed the forth corner of my triangle. Back, almost, to where I started. The last day in Lamu was spent walking along almost a third of the island along a glourious beach. For at least half an hour the only other people were vague spots on the horizon. Brilliant blue water and warm sand as far as the eye could see. As previously stated, if Lamu is somewhere you want to visit the time is now!

So tomorrow will be a mad dash round the best in shopping Nairobi has to offer before heading up up and away again and back to work. I may not be able to blog for quite a while now as I may go straight back to an outreach site. But as soon as I can I will let you know how it is all going.