The airstrip was full of people; boxes unloaded then put back on again, a
goat or two, children running in all directions. There is a word for this
type of manoeuvre. The word is chaos. Luckily most of our outreach stuff was
unloaded without due incident. Even more fortunate was the fact that the
only box that was accidentally left on the plane was full of all our
paperwork. So I don’t have to worry about that for a couple of weeks. We'll
catch up with it at the other base.
Its great to be back here, and working after the stagnation of last week. We
are all packed and ready for an outreach exertion tomorrow. The boxes we are
taking litter the floor around me. Again chaos is a predominant theme(Maybe
it's me?). Hopefully we will get to two outreach sites, which means I’ve
been to every site at least once. Considering I’m a quarter of the way
through my time here I’m not sure that is anything to be particularly
pleased about. A lot of it has been unavoidable, but it still isn't very
good.
Anyway I’m sure they’ll be lots to write about on my return. I hear the
water may be waist deep for a few hours. (So much for dry season!)
Thankfully I’m absolutely recovered from the fun and games of last week so
here's hoping I only make an appearance in the monthly medical statistics
once! No e-mail so no blog for a week or two.
